Tuesday 1 November 2011

Autumn Sunrise

Oct 3
Col has been photographing the wonderful sunrises.  We are having strange weather - an Indian summer, very hot but with a haze of Autumn all round.   The green and the beach were packed yesterday.   A quiet weekend.  I took Saturday off and spent it with Col.  We watched the rugby - not that I can tell one end of a rugby bat from the other - and did a big shop at Tesco's.   And on Sunday I turned some of what we lugged home into a roast lamb dinner and a nectarine and plum crumble.

The talk at the Hall on Sunday morning was all about Christian hospitality.   A worrier for me as I am the exact opposite of a people-person...

Maggie and I are adjusting happily to our new seats in the back row.   We will have some decisions to make when we have our new Kingdom Hall next year.  Our old one is not only old, but is bursting at the seams.

Bob of the North Americas is sending me his travel blog.  He has recently pitched his tent by the wide Missouri. How evocative all those names are.  And what a golden country America seemed when I was a Convent schoolgirl in the Fifties.   It reminds me of a line by an Oz poet, something about listening to an American radio station "singing a song of sidewalks".

No comments:

Post a Comment