Friday 7 March 2014

Two Aunties

Both aunts phoned today - so that was nice.   And Jackie called by for a cup of tea and a chat.  It all helped as I feel so tired and rather down today.  Its natural I suppose, a part of the healing process.  The Captain was out butterflying - there will be some very early Sussex butterflies on his blog.  He picked up some choccie biccies on the way back, and made the meals - baked potatoes and salad, with yoghurt - and soup (tomato) with toast and frozen yoghurt.

I think that, little though I did yesterday, it was a bonsai bridge too far.  I have tackled the butterfly paperwork though, and got the envelopes ready so that the Captain can make up the packages and post them tomorrow.

The Roger emailed and i was telling him about chatting to my South African anaethetist, until I had to be put on some oxygen and could no longer talk. Roger is on The Cape at the moment, probably watching the whale shoals sail by his picture windows.

The operating theatre team were as lovely as before - kind and consoling and, given I lived through it, efficient.  But no students this time.  I was a bit of leading lady last time, with a vast audience.   I was about to summon them: "Come along, you lot. Its not over till the fat lady sings."  But at that moment the oxygen mask came down and silenced me...  

No comments:

Post a Comment