Friday 6 June 2014

An Invitation, and a cloaked Swallowtail

European Swallowtail, Papilio machaon gorganus
Sussex born and bred
I was so comforted to get an invitation last night.  It just shows, always always get to the meetings if you can. I was so exhausted after that painful 24 hours that I was tempted to listen in on the phone.  For one thing, I couldn't drive, hand still painful and swollen.  However, Captain Wonderful said he would chauffeur me.

And when I got there both Ron and Malcolm said I was asked to a meeting Friday week about the new arrangement the Society now has for witnessing in public areas- malls, etc - with the book stand.  Now I have felt a bit of a chocolate teapot as far as being useful to anyone over the last year of so, so it was very comforting to know that Jehovah did not think so.  Assuming of course that the elders have it right in inviting me.

The problem though is that I feel so unreliable at the moment. These attacks come on with little if no warning and I am effectively crippled in an hour or so. But if they will schedule me on that basis, then I hope to be out there over the summer.  The door to door work will go on as it must, as it did from the start, but its so hard to find people at home now that we also have to go where the people are.

If you look at the Captain's Log you will see he got his Swallowtail photos!  The Swallowtail story has been filmed by Springwatch, so we hope its going to be featured.

There is one photo that I am hoping to poach for this blog - it is so dramatic.  I also think we definitely have one of our photos for next  years butterfly calendar.  Only 11 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment