Saturday 30 June 2012

GUARD YOUR HEARTS

Its day 2 of the "Guard Your Hearts" Convention in Brighton - and I am going to get there late. The new meds (or something) is having a dreadful effect on me and I could not make it to the Coach. The Gallant Captain Butterfly has agreed to take me over there now I feel a bit better, and I can get the congregation bus back.

Growing older would be wonderful if it weren't for the fact that, at the moment, "death reigns as king over us".

We had two new releases yesterday.  And the theme was : "As for Jehovah, He sees what the heart is." -
1 Samuel 16:7

And today its : "Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks." - Matthew 12:34  

I think we will note yet again the contrast with "the world" which says that "Sticks and stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me"; and our Creator, Jehovah, who warns us that the wrong word can do incalculable damage.

Clearly we will be reminded how important it is to tell others about God's Kingdom.  And that our love for that Kingdom will be reflected in how we speak to others about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment