Friday 1 April 2011

Scooter the Politician

Scooter was all charm last night.  I couldn't get to sleep for her winding and purring and gently licking my arm.  I kept telling her that I had already put her food in her bowl and she was wasting her charm (and keeping me awake) but it took her ages to realise.  I fell asleep to the sound of cat biscuits being crunched.

Then she woke me up by clawing my foot as it carelessly slid out from under the duvet.

If she ever stands for election, she won't mind what she promises.  But  please expect a good clawing afterwards.

It was chutney-making day yesterday, with two giant pots of chutney simmering on the stove.  I took over the stirring while Captain B took Ollie for his walks.  That was my only contribution.  

Yesterday made me realise how much I have deteriorated over the last year.  My energy meter seems to be set on minus figures.

I am reading Hilary Mantel's amazing "Eight months on Gaza Street".

No comments:

Post a Comment