Saturday 12 March 2011

Three Miles Up

The boat hidden in the reeds reminds me of that wonderful and scary Elizabeth Jane Howard short story "Three Miles Up".  We saw it on our walk along the Arun yesterday. It was grey and cold but beautiful of course.

I was out on the work this morning with June.  It was a lovely sunny Spring morning, but apparently its snowing in Scotland and is overcast now.  We were all working on the same road so after about an hour June went on some return visits with Mick and young Ronald and I and did three return visits.  We found one lady at home and had quite a long talk. She has been reading "What Does the Bible Really Teach?" and had some good questions for us.  She said we may call again.

Now cooking awaits me, if Jacks and Ubbeh are to have any food tonight.

The extent of the devastation in Japan is very hard to take in, but I know that my brothers and sisters there will be regrouping and looking after each other as best they can. And the Watchtower Society is always quick at getting help in.

No comments:

Post a Comment