Tuesday 22 March 2011

The Lichen Tree

Amazing acid yellow trees on our afternoon walk in Pagham Harbour.  There was a forest of them, covered in this vivid lichen. I don't think I have seen anything quite like it before.  Of course, for my 20 plus years in Expatland I didn't see many trees other than date palms.
Col took some great bird photos.  And quizzed me on birdsong.  "A great tit" was the right answer, but only once.

We looked for butterfly eggs on the blackthorn - now covered in white blossom - but didn't find any.

Audrey and I had a nice morning out.  It has been a classic Spring day - blue skies, white clouds, blossom and daffodils everywhere.  We were all up in Angmering, doing return visits.  We did find quite a few people in and had some brief conversations.

I got to the Hall carpark a bit later than usual and try as I might - reversing over and over - I could not get my car parked.  But Roy, an elder, gallantly rode to my rescue and parked it for me.

Mick gave us the perfect talk.  For some reason, I had been very apprehensive about going out today.   Its probably due to the sleepless nights from the arthritis attack, but I felt very down and tired and incapable, and afraid of driving to Angmering - on that Big Grown Up Road with its Giant Roundabouts.

Mick had us all read some lovely words from Isaiah that were just exactly what I needed to hear.  And they energised me - and all of us.

(Isaiah 40:26) “Raise your eyes high up and see. Who has created these things? It is the One who is bringing forth the army of them even by number, all of whom he calls even by name. Due to the abundance of dynamic energy, he also being vigorous in power, not one [of them] is missing."

Jehovah is the source of dynamic energy.   We can ask him to energise us, and He will.

(Didn't Einstein make this point - about the Universe being created through dynamic energy - with his famous equation - something equals something else?  And that is as far as I am going to venture into the realm of physics.  All I can remember about it from school is Iron Filings and magnets.)

And we also read:
(Isaiah 40:29) "He (Jehovah) is giving to the tired one power; and to the one without dynamic energy he makes full might abound."

What could I have needed to hear more?

No comments:

Post a Comment