Friday 13 August 2010

Mike and Kim

Mike and Kim spent the day with us yesterday, which was very good of them as they were in the UK for less than a week. They look well, seem happy and got me thinking back to us as a young married couple.  They have so much ahead of them.  They took us out for a pub lunch, then we had coffee and pudding back here on the balcony looking out over a calm English Channel.
I often think back to the last night in Bahrain - after 25 years in the Middle East - with Mike and Kim at Senor Paco's, with a pitcher of Margaritas.
I had a troubled night, not able to sleep for worrying about the lung test this morning. I had assumed they would put me on a walking machine and I was worried that they might set it too fast and I would collapse after 2 minutes.  Or, even worse, they would set it on 'Elderly Tortoise' and I would still collapse after 2 minutes. 
However, it was done by the very nice lady who has done all my lung tests so far - and was a matter of being metered up and walking faster and faster up and down the hospital corridor.  So I needn't have got myself in such a state.
Its a special day for Field Service tomorrow, with 2 meetings at the Kingdom Hall. Will I get to both?  Or not? And then to Jill and Tom's in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment