Sunday 14 December 2014

On Thin Ice

Water Rail, Rallus aquaticus
The ponds at Arundel had a lot of ice on them today. The Captain spent the day there with his box of sandwiches, and carrot cake I made yesterday, and I went to the meeting at the Kingdom Hall.

We are still learning about the Biblical covenants that Jehovah gave as the legal basis for the Kingdom.   Very faith-strengthening.

I was out on the doors with Jean yesterday - we finished our territory and then did some calls, as Jean was getting too cold.   I met her and Ken later when I went for a walk in the seafront and we walked to the Pier together.  Well, when I say "walked", we all did the best we could under our elderly circumstances.

They went off into town and I stayed on the Pier watched the sea come up the river.   And got talking to a guy called Chris, who seems very lonely.   I did try to witness him, wishing I could draw him close to Jehovah, the God of all comfort. But he wanted to talk, not listen.   So I  just let him talk, and listened.   But maybe I will see him again.   And try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment