Wednesday 20 August 2014

Caravans

The Gypsies are back.  There is a small encampment of unmarked caravans on the Green outside. I will have to talk to the elders and see if we can get some Witnesses down to the caravan doors next week - hopefully including myself this time.

While I was wondering how to approach the subject of Babylon the Great in my blog,  I noticed that this Friday afternoon, at the Assembly at the Rugby Stadium at Twickenham, there will be a talk, at 1.40, entitled:

 How Babylon the Great Has “Shut Up the Kingdom”
(Matthew 23:2, 4-10,13, 23, 24, 34)

If anybody is in Twickenham you would be most welcome to come and listen.   And I will - I hope, knees, arthitis, general debility permitting - be there and will take notes and type them into my blog - for anyone who is interested to read.

It is vital that we know, because Revelation warns, in the strongest terms:
 “She has fallen! Babylon the Great has fallen, and she has become a dwelling place of demons and a place where every unclean spirit and every unclean and hated bird lurks!  For because of the wine of the passion of her sexual immorality, all the nations have fallen victim, and the kings of the earth committed sexual immorality with her, and the merchants of the earth became rich owing to the power of her shameless luxury.”    And I heard another voice out of heaven say: “Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues. "

You will see from that she is not the political system, though she has made herself part of it, when she should have been no part of it.  Nor is she the powerful commercial system though she has made "the merchants of the earth" rich.


I did the rest of my magazine route yesterday, except for Emma.  She said she wanted to ask me in for a coffee, so I must try and get there at a time she will be in, so it will have to be the weekend after the Convention.

If only I could find the words to do justice to the sky yesterday morning. It was a Paradise sky - an intense and tender blue, filled with fluffy white clouds.  The Captain was out doing his butterfly count, and found plenty to count.  It was true butterfly weather.

The Captain suggested that I link this block to the Barbara Dickson song of the same name:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-GLqF-0Dg0

We saw her at The Chichester Festival Theatre. A great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment