Friday 17 May 2013

The ice-axe slips again

I took another slip further towards the frightening edge last night at the meeting.  I found I was no longer able to stand for the songs and the prayer.

Its sunny today, though not very warm.  The tiler was a'tiling all yesterday and our bathroom is starting to look real now.  The man from the Bathroom Shop came to see that all was OK.  It is, as far as we know.  

And Col picked up Nute from the station about 11.00 clock yesterday morning.   We had lunch together - Cooks Thai green chicken curry, and the downmarket version of Eton Mess (yoghurt instead of cream).  Then the Captain went off to transect butterflies (count them, not dissect them!) and we had an afternoon of talking and watching The Great British Bake-Off.

We both fell asleep briefly after lunch.   And I thought, how old we are getting. And yet my siblings seem the same to me as when we were children.    But we are now living Arnold Bennet's "The Old Wives Tale" - great book by the way, if you haven't read it.

I feel I ought to be making some kind of comment on the News of the day... but all I can find to say is that I don't understand why anyone doubts the Bible's warning that "the whole world" is lying in the power of Satan. And he is called "the father of the lie". And his lies are designed to, among other things, set brother against brother.

Which reminds me that I HAVE to get my talk written today so I can practise it with my householder on Sunday.   It has taken me ages to work out how to do it. The theme is how to protect ourselves against false teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment