Saturday 11 May 2013

Carry On Up the Spout

A blowy day today. But bright and sunny with blossom everywhere. We went shopping this morning, and I could barely manage it....   How much worse will I be in 6 months time?

And will I survive the operations?   With all my various health complications, who knows?  Clearly, I should have thought ahead and had my knee replacements done while I was young and healthy.

Jackie is coming for supper. And, to cheer us all up, we are having champagne and strawberries. And spatchcock chicken.

Email from Nute to say she will be coming over for lunch in a couple of weeks, as she will be down in London for work, with a day to spare.  So that is something to look forward to.   Still haven't started on my talk or my magazines, but hope to do so next week.

The bathroom seems to be on target.  The plumber is a nice guy and has advised us of a better way to site the shower.  He also - and I hope this doesn't sound like a line from a Carry On film - liked my marmalade muffins.  (You don't get many of them to the pound!)  So I had better make some more for next week. - Plumber, Plasterer and Tiler, I think.

Captain B took the second batch butterfly paperwork to the Post Office this morning.  I can no longer walk as far as that.  And he also posted my letters to Aunt Jo (update on health issues) and Richard (update on health issues, plus offer of two more books). And a butterfly sympathy card to Bavaria.


No comments:

Post a Comment