Thursday 31 January 2019

A Bumpy Road

The Triage Team has given me a fast track referral to the hospital to look at the mysterious bump/lump.  Probably nothing, but...I was a bit alarmed at hearing it was the Triage Team that was to see me as, given my age, I am starting to expect a syringe of Lethobarb, if any triage is involved.   However the Team turned out to be one not-at-all well and over-worked young GP.  We were quite concerned about her, tried to be as quick as possible, and were grateful to her for turning up for work.

How long can our GPs cope with the stresses and strains?   

Then Tuesday morning, Jean and I were out on the work, traffic a nightmare, when a lady pulled out from the carpark and slammed right into my car.  There was nowhere for us to stop, so I had to pull in on a double yellow line at the risk of causing another accident.

The poor lady looked so apprehensive as she got out of her car.  I suppose she thought I might be a road-rage type.   But we both agreed that no damage had really been done, and I assured her - when she apologised - that she wasn't to be upset about it, as I know what a nightmare the traffic is now.

This was essentially caused by some roadworks in The Street which had severely disrupted things.

She seemed so relieved, and then it occurred to me to give her a copy of our latest Watchtower magazine:
https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/watchtower-no1-2019-jan-feb/who-is-god-bible-answers/

She took it, assured me she would read it, and said "bless you", as she left.  Of course I completely forget to get any details, so Captain B was (rightly) not too pleased with me.   However he acknowledged that the car was basically OK

Only Jehovah could make something so good out of what was a rather upsetting experience.  Jean and I did the call we were driving to and then finished as I was feeling a little bit shaky.

Anyway, I got back in the saddle Wednesday and visited Maggie - much quieter than usual, but pleased to see me, whoever I may be.  She has no idea now.  But she loves a visitor. And I managed half an hours chat and a go at the butterfly game which made us both laugh. Then shopping on the way back, in case it is snowy on Thursday - which is forecast.

Temperatures are so low in the USA, it must be like being on Everest in some areas.  God help all those sleeping out in it. 

The Captain left early for a day out metal detecting in Timbuctoo - well, in Alton to be exact, but nearly as far.  In freezing fog too....  very worrying.

I do not plan to out at all today - very icy, no snow as yet - except to the meeting tonight.  If its snowing, Captain Timbuctoo says he will chauffeur me.  All being well.

What an uncertain world we live in.  And how wonderful it will be when that connection, so fatally broken in Eden, is restored. 

No comments:

Post a Comment