Tuesday 22 January 2019

Flowers from Elizabeth

Elizabeth bought some lovely flowers when she (and Jacks) came for supper on Sunday.  Autumnal chrysanthemums, tomato red and gold, and lilies.


We- Elizabeth, the Captain and me - re-discovered each other at a recent family funeral and it turns out we live within walking distance!

So there were four of us crammed round our kitchen table for a supper of Chicken Kiev, cauliflower cheese, mashed pots, carrots and peas.  I didn't have the mashed potatoes, but had a lot of crisps with my win. So a bad weekend diabetes-wise and I must must must be strict with myself this week.

The lovely painting of the Downland above the flowers is by Brian Burchill.

Monday was a medical day - somewhat frustrating - the appointment system is getting more Byzantine.  Its Tuesday and I am still on the appointment merry-go-round - will try again tomorrow morning- anyway, some good news, my blood sugar measurements are much improved - in spite of a few lapses over the hols.

Jean and I had nearly 2 hours on the doors this morning.  Just two visits, but we have to hope that we have been able to sow and nurture a seed of truth.   And I must now go out and take my obligatory walk.  Brrrrrrrrrrr

The Brexit/Bremain fiasco continues.  I hope it is settled soon, and that we don't end up with the worst of both worlds. 

But - I do expect that it is going to become clearer every day that the warning in the Hebrew Scriptures that "it does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step" is simply what it claims to be - the truth.


No comments:

Post a Comment