Monday 28 January 2019

S.O.S.

Long-tailed tit, Aegithalos caudatus
This SOS is not a plea for help - my blog has not been kidnapped.  Not yet, anyway.  It stands for the Sussex Ornithological Society. They had their 40th Annual Conference on Saturday, at Clair Hall, Haywards Heath.   And the Arundel Three - The Captain, Terry and Mrs Captain Butterfly (me) -attended.

Everything was very well organised - we had four speakers - the business aspect (the awards) was handled quickly and with minimal Oscar-ising.  And the lunch was well done too - cold trays set out, for Veggies (Mrs.Captain) and Meat Eaters (The Captain and Terry)  And some lovely home made cakes were sold in the foyer.

Under my new DESMOND rules, I could have neither my bread roll nor any cake, but the other two grazed happily.

The last talk by Peter Holden was all about bird nests.  It was quite an architectural talk, due to their structure, design, artistry, and strength. We often talk about how amazing the creation is in the meetings at the Kingdom Hall.  But in these other contexts, very sadly, no credit or thanks is ever given to the Creator, Jehovah, the God of Abraham.

But that is, presumably, the point of the Theory of Evolution - to make sure that God's name is not sanctified.

But, in harmony with the Lord's prayer, I hope to be out there tomorrow with the valiant Jean, telling all who will listen about our Creator.

Jackie came round last night for fish and chips - and then we watched an episode of Vera, during which I managed to fall sleep for a few minutes and probably missed a vital plot twist.  It was a good episode, with some great North East backdrops, but I was so tired from yesterday.

Today is a medical day... oh joy.  And I hope I will start my studying for the week, get the Butterfly Memberships posted and the last bit of paperwork done, and get to some housework apart from the usual clothes wash done and meals made.

Actually lunch - veggie soup - is already made. And we are sharing a pizza (Waitrose) tonight, so it is far from a cookery marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment