Tuesday 8 January 2019

BE STRONG!

The theme text for our "BE STRONG!" assembly at Haysbridge on Saturday was Joshua 1:9:

"Have I not commanded you? Be courageous and strong. Do not be struck with terror or fear, for Jehovah your God is with you wherever you go.”

Very timely.

And here are a few thoughts from it, IF I can read my notes.

In quoting James 1:2-4,  the speaker reminded us that James knew what he was talking about. He had been through a lot.
"James, a slave of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the 12 tribes that are scattered about: Greetings!  Consider it all joy, my brothers, when you meet with various trials, knowing as you do that this tested quality of your faith produces endurance.  But let endurance complete its work, so that you may be complete and sound in all respects, not lacking in anything."

And we were reminded about three ways in which Jehovah srengthens us.

He is the Hearer of prayer.
He has given us his Inspired word.
and
He has given us a loving congregation family.

I might try and decipher a few more notes in following blogposts, if I can read DrunkenSpiderwhofellintoanInksttandandstaggeredacrosstheNotebook font.

Yesterday... what did I do yesterday?   I did shamefully little on Sunday for sure beyond starting to catch up with my studies.  And I did get 3 letters/cards done:  one to Lilian enclosing the programme from the Haysbridge Assembly; one to Pete thanking him for the new address and giving him some info re publishers; and a thank you to Jen for that lovely veggie lunch she gave us all.

And yesterday I posted them, along with getting in Jack's shopping and ours, and got the basic tax form info sorted out and all on one page, along with getting us lunch and supper.  (veggie soup, cheese omelette).

Oh yes, and on both days I did the brisk walk I must now aim for every day...   I plan to be out with Jean this morning doing return visits, but we will certainly not be walking briskly - it will be more a sort of training for the Zimmer Olympics - without much hope of a medal.  And my own brisk walks aren't that much better.   We both used to be great walkers too.

As Jackie says: "What is happening to us all?!"

And, as I always reply:  "Please accept a home Bible study from us, your local Jehovah's Witness congregation, and you will not only find out what and why, but will also find a real and wonderful hope for the future."

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/free-bible-study/video-bible-study/#?insight[search_id]=7de14674-be45-46df-9947-c8d0b4e96007&insight[search_result_index]=0



No comments:

Post a Comment