Friday 11 January 2019

Carbs and Fruit, Fruit and Carbs

This new way of eating is proving difficult.  What I like to eat is carbs and fruit, fruit and carbs.  What I should and could be eating (under DESMOND rules) is, for example, a large steak with veggies, a chicken salad,  or oily fish. And oily fish 3 times a week!

I haven't yet managed oily fish ONCE a week...   And I would be happy with the veggies and salad, but don't want the steak and chicken.  So I guess it will be a veggie soup day today - with a couple of slices of bread (can't quite go carb free yet), and a little more fruit than I should he having. But less than I would usually have.

And I think I will go and make a sugar free jelly, which I can have with yoghurt. 

Berries are a standby too, as they said at the DESMOND Course that berries are good. 

Tuesday started out well - Jean and I spent the morning on the doors, getting our 2019 witnessing started.  Then it all went downhill in the afternoon when, after making a large carrot cake for the freezer, I fell asleep in front of the telly.  On Wednesday I managed a walk in the morning, and walked round to Jackie's in the afternoon with some home-made veggie soup.   No visit to Maggie as the Nursing Home is still closed.

Thursday was the meeting - and I caught up with my studies - but that was it.  I didn't even do my walk.   As for the oily fish... I still can't face it.

Anyway thank goodness for our wonderful SoupMaker.   We never seem to get tired of veggie soup. Though its even nicer with potatoes in it.

And I should be ashamed of myself for all this complaining.  These are nothing if not First World Problems.   And, alas for Desmond, we will be sharing a packet of fish and chips tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment