Tuesday 15 January 2019

The Foresight Saga

Have I published this epic poem (by me) before?

I can't remember. But surely something of such literary importance is worth re-posting?

Well I'm going to blog it anyway.

The Foresight Saga
by me

My darling baby 
when you grow up
your life will be wrecked
when your wife runs off 
with an architect
But you'll marry again
that's for sure
and have a daughter
you'll just adore.

I wrote it for one of those competitions where everybody wins and everybody gets published. 

I probably should have called this blog "Medical Matters", as they filled up yesterday.  Appointment for diabetes eye test - drops in, exploding light, results looked OK, but Techie guy has to check them first - my GP will be told - had to ring up hospital re x-ray appointment - no date - do I just drop in - and next Arthritis app - no letter received yet - need date and time, so I can get the timing for the blood tests - left message on an ansafone - hope to get back to me 48 hours - letter from GP about making app for blood test - rang up - waited, waited, waited and waited again (they are so busy, almost overwhelmed) - got app for Wednesday - then a nurse rang - could  I pick up a BP form on Wed and do a weeks bp tests - and she will make me an app for another problem (which has just appeared) - letter will come - follow up again if not.

How long can I go on keeping all this in my head?  And how long can the NHS afford me?

Anyway, enough Mr.Jingling.   Jacks came to us for a fish and chip supper on Saturday night.  Jean and I had a very good morning doing return visits - and the meeting on Sunday was lovely. It is good to be back into the congregation routine.

And Jean and I were out again this morning - doing return visits.  Then I did my walk - and made Captain B a supper of bacon,egg,tomatoes,mushrooms and fried potatoes, and I had a veggie stew. We both had berries and yoghurt for afters

The first series of Midsomer Murders is being shown and we a really enjoying it.  I had forgotten how good it was in its heyday.

The Brexit/Bremain fiasco continues with nobody seeming to know what is gong to happen...  and the weather is still a bit too warm for the time of year.


No comments:

Post a Comment