Friday 25 January 2019

My Part in the Ministry School.

I was on the platform last night. I had the 1st return visit, 3 minutes or less. (It was less.)

First Return Visit: (3 min. or less) Use the sample conversation. (th study 2)

Study 2 is  Conversational Manner.

And the Sample Conversation goes like this:

Question: How do we know that Jehovah God wants us to become his friends?
Scripture: Jas 4:8
Link: How can we become God’s friends?
And this is my little talk/dialogue:

Sue:  Hello R.  I'm glad to find you at home. I'm Sue - and we had such an interesting discussion when I called at your door last week.

R:  Yes, I do remember,  You showed me God's name - in my Bible. It was quite a surprise. And you said that Jehovah wants us to know him, to become close to him.

Sue: Yes. And then you had an interesting question for me. That is why I called back.  Do you remember?

R:    Yes, I did.I know there is a God, and I would love to be close to him.  I have prayed to him all my life.  But I don't seem to get an answer, and sometimes because of the way things are I do find it hard to believe that he cares for us, that he would  want us to be close to him, even to be his friend, as you said Abraham was..  

Sue.  I often wonder that more people don't ask that question.  I asked it myself for many years.  It is a very reasonable one given the sad state we are in. And there is such a wonderful answer too.  I would love to show how we can be sure of Jehovah's care for us, if you have a moment.

R.   I'd love to know. But I don't have much time today as we are expecting visitors.

Sue.  Oh, you' ll be busy.  I won't keep you then.   But,  if I may, I will leave you with one reassuring verse from the Bible.  We looked at the Hebrew Scriptures, or Old Testament, last week, so now I want to show you something from the Christian Greek Scriptures, or New Testament.   It's here, at James 4:8:    (Reads:  Draw close to God, and he will draw close to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you indecisive ones.)
Draw close to God, and he will draw close to you.  Isn't that an invitation, to you, to me, to everyone, to come to our Creator, to draw close to him, to Jehovah, the Almighty God - even to be his friend?

R.  It is. And it's a lovely thought.  But how is it to be done?

Sue.  Could I call round again in a few days - maybe this time next week - as I would love to show you how simply and clearly the  Bible answers that question?

R.  Yes, please do.  I should have more time to talk then.

My householder was great, put it all in her own words, while giving me the right cues.

 I visited Maggie on Wednesday.  She has no idea wh I am now, but she still loves a visitor. We played a little game with my butterfly bag which made us both laugh.  Thursday was the meeting, and the Captain and I shopped this morning, and dropped Jackie's shopping in.  She is coming over for fish and chips on Sunday night.  Then I had a lovely afternoon - two great return visits.

No comments:

Post a Comment