Wednesday 2 September 2015

Hospital

Captain Butterfly had his operation yesterday - and his surgeon rang to say it had been a success. Which was wonderful news.

He now has to get through the post-op with all its risks and then the convalescence.  He was very out of it when I spoke to him yesterday, but was getting efficient pain killing, thank goodness.

I spent the afternoon making a big fruit cake - Cranks recipe - to welcome him home with - or, more grammatically, with which to welcome him home.   It hasn't turned out as well as the last one, but its still very good - one of those reliable recipes, but one I rarely make these days.

I hope to get over and visit Maggie this morning - the Captain doesn't want any visitors yet, just wants to sleep - which is pretty much how I felt. The body has been through a big shock and has a lot of healing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment