Thursday 30 October 2014

She should have gone to Specsavers

And this morning Mrs Captain Butterfly finally did go to Specsavers, and got her eyes tested. Which was very overdue. They have not deteriorated as much as I feared, though I do need new glasses, but I have cataracts coming in both eyes!

"Don't worry, and not too much sunlight" the young Optician said cheerfully.  "You will be fine for years".

I hope he is right.  but is there any bit of me still working properly?

On the plus side, we got a lovely little illustrated letter from Harry and we are going to Jacks for supper at the weekend.   And, comfortingly, we have more talks from the Circuit Overseer on Sunday.  I am going to blog the Tuesday talk as soon as I have finished deciphering and typing up my scrawled notes.  It is all about rejoicing in the truth, never taking for granted the wonderful knowledge we have.

I am not sure how I would feel at this stage of my life if I didn't know what the Inspired Scriptures say.  

And I must just say how lovely the staff at Specsavers are to oldies and crumblies like myself.  No wonder it's doing so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment