Saturday 4 October 2014

Paradise Lost and Paradise Regained

We (Jane and I) were taken in from the rain when were out this morning, as a kind lady who Jane regularly calls on asked us in, and we had a lovely talk.  Altogether we met two people who seem genuinely interested - one from Poland, and one from Texas.

It was very hard to get myself out this morning - I think I am one of those people who could end up unable to leave the house, if I am not careful.  But I had my flu shot scheduled for 9 a.m. and that was such an efficient production line, that I got to the Field Service group early and had to sit outside in my car for a while, tempted to run away.  Then Jane drove us to the territory, which was very kind of her.  I got back just in time to get Captain B's lunch, thanks to our wonderful new Soup Machine.  

We are going to Jackie's tonight for supper.

Our Watchtower magazine this month has a lovely article about the incoming Kingdom of God.  I will link to it on the site, as I would like everyone on earth to read it.
http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/wp20141001/interested-in-gods-kingdom/

God's Kingdom will bring peace to the earth.  It will restore the Paradise our first parents lost.  And at at time when we are commemorating World War 1 - "the war to end wars" - by having lots more wars, it is very comforting to know that the Kingdom of God will bring peace on earth.
“He is bringing an end to wars throughout the earth.”Psalm 46:9.
“Nation will not lift up sword against nation, nor will they learn war anymore.”Isaiah 2:4.

No comments:

Post a Comment