Tuesday 13 May 2014

Taken into Care!

Our Amaryllis has been taken into care, by Linda.  All hers are flowering.  Ours, clearly suffering from emotional neglect, is not.  She will bring it back when its flourishing again, but I suspect we will have to prove, to her satisfaction, that we are suitable flower parents.  And fair enough.  Even our orchids which have been splendid for years are not doing brilliantly at the moment.

Is it all the medical stuff that has got to them?  I feel washed out, and poor old Captain Butterfly has been burdened too.

Pen arrives tomorrow, and Nute the next day. And we will settle down to some writing and some reminiscing about old times.   I am desperately trying to think of what to write, but I woke in the early hours and remembered that I had worked it out.  I need another story for my (hopefully soon to be published) anthology.  My young publisher is up to his eyes in more contemporary stuff at the moment. But he does appreciate the idea in my long short story - and the way I have worked it out.   I have put a theme that is more relevant now than when i wrote it into a childhood setting.

I have thought of a title - quite a good one I think (and that is harder than you might imagine) - but as yet I have no idea of the story that goes with it.  Maybe the sisters can help...

There was a double rainbow over the sea yesterday, after a monsoon that almost flooded the balcony.  It was beautiful beyond belief - and you can see a photo of it on The Captain's Log.

"And the rainbow will occur in the cloud, and I will certainly see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of every kind on the earth.”  God repeated to Noah: “This is the sign of the covenant that I establish between me and all flesh that is on the earth.""


No comments:

Post a Comment