Sunday 18 July 2010

To Brighton and BACK

Well, after a lot of praying, and a lot of help from Maggie, I got my precious cargo safely to Brighton and back today and Saturday.   Lots of traffic tonight, as it was a sunny day in Brighton.  I don't think I will ever make a driver.  I find the roads in England terrifying, nothing like our cosy little expat camp.

Anyway, I think Jehovah must have answered my calls for help and got us there and back safely, for which I am deeply grateful.  I managed to get to Maggie's just after 6 this morning - and we arrived at the Brighton Centre at a quarter to seven.  That means an hour and a half wait before the doors open, but the point is that we get a premium spot in the carpark and are one of the first in the queue so we can get good seats.  It is always very full - there were 4,000 plus of us there today.   And there were 14 baptised yesterday.

Maggie likes to get a certain set of seats at the front, and although she isn't young (anymore than I am) I don't think that Seb Coe and Steve Ovett in their prime could get past her when those doors open. She is just a blur of scarfs as she heads for the seats we want (the scarfs are to mark the seats as ours) - I follow along in real time.

We then go and have a cup of tea and wait for the programme to begin.

The teaching gets better and better and clearer and clearer.  And the emphasis is very much on practical application of all that the Bible contains.

Our theme this year was 'Remain CLOSE to JEHOVAH'.


I got back here at 5.30 having dropped Maggie, Ken and Jean off, and even managed to make a hot dinner for Himself - who was out with his Metal Detector hat on today.

No Viking Hoards though.

No comments:

Post a Comment