Thursday 18 June 2009

Driving issues

Driving issues yesterday... when the brother in charge of the field service group asked for someone to work with Manda the Circuit Overseer's wife, I put up my hand without thinking through the parking and driving issues.

Anyway, its all too painful to go into the details, but nevertheless we did get to the territory safely and had a wonderful hour out together. I learnt a lot from her. And we had some great conversations on the doors and I now have a couple of return visits to do.

Sadly I won't be out today as we have Nute and Sami arriving tomorrow and today is a shop cook and prepare day. I should get to the C.O. talk tonight though, but may well miss his talk on Sunday. Jackie and Brian will be joining us for the weekend. And we have just heard from Roger - ex-Aramco - that he will be coming for a few days at the beginning of July, on his way back to SA.

Sami has apparently been looking forward to this visit for months, so I only hope we can live up to her expectations. She is very fond of The Captain, and will hopefully be able to spend a lot of time with him on his butterfly and dragonfly rounds, while Nute and I trail along behind catching up on things.

No comments:

Post a Comment