Monday 2 September 2019

A Zimmer Frame made for Two (or a Double Flare-up)

Jean and I did not get Saturday off to the most brilliant of starts.   "Is it Saturday already?!" asked Jean in amazement when I rang her in the morning to see if she was able to come out on the service.  She had me doubting it, and I had to go and check with Captain Butterfly.

We seem to be giving that well-worked phrase "You're a pair of idiots" plenty of exercise these days, as I drive us to the wrong road, and Jean forgets what day it is.  However, our student had prepared the room for us and cleared all the chairs so we could get down to the Bible study.  Which was very encouraging.

Touchingly he keeps a picture of his late wife on one of the chairs so she can keep him company and they can watch telly together.  He is s lovely old-fashioned man.  Went to Sunday school, to church, was brought up by parents who taught him and brought him up well.

However, he knows next to nothing about the Bible.  Which is something Jean and I realised about ourselves when we both started our Bible study with our local Jehovah's Witness congregations many years ago.  We knew next to nothing about it either, despite our religious educations.

Friday...  what did I do?  I did a big shop for us and for Jacks, and delivered it.  And my afternoon went in making a roast chicken dinner - which gave plenty of cold chicken, veggies and salad for the Captain's carnivorous meals for the rest of the weekend.   It was a free range chicken by the way.

Saturday night was not good in that the pain in my right foot woke me up, I had to get up, get a bowl of cereal so I could take all my medicines - they are hard on the insides.  And I did pray to Jehovah that I would be able to drive us to the Meeting, and I did.  So I thank for that. I missed last Sunday's meeting because I wasn't even able to get dressed, let alone drive.  But I have done nothing to speak of since, beyond making sure Captain B's supper was ready for him, when he got in tired and hungry from a day in the field (the Detectorist field in this case).  It was chicken salad so not too difficult.

And yes it is an arthritis flare up - right foot very swollen and painful.

And this morning, the Captain is down too. His knee!   And we only have the one Zimmer frame beween us.    I hope we can manage to get me to my doctor's appointment this afternoon, and then on to the Post Office to despatch the latest Butterfly Membership Packages, and also a small parcel for Darren.

No comments:

Post a Comment