Friday 30 August 2019

The FitBit and the Sedan Chair

Captain Butterfly has bought me a FitBit...   and I feel super athletic as I hobble round with a fitbit on my wrist.

Jean and I went out Tuesday morning, later on - we don't seem able to cope with the early start that will get us to the Field Service Group at the moment - but we are going to try on Saturday, and do some first calls.  We had a good morning out - a couple of good return visits and each placed some literature.

Wednesday morning we -  Captain Butterfly and Mrs.Captain B - went out to find some nourishment for our new moth babies. They are very fussy about what they eat.  We found a little something to be going on with.  And Himself did an expedition by car later to get a whole troughload. Their mum has died on our balcony, so we will now have to do our best.

I plan to knit a hundred little woolly vests, now that I am a moth-er.  September nights can be chilly.

Re my Fitbit, it hadn't dawned on me that it needed to be charged, just as my Ipad (which it talks to) does.  So when Captain B took it away to charge.  I had to order a Sedan chair on the spot.  I wasn't going to waste steps - uncounted steps! - walking from lounge to bedroom.  No way.

Thursday morning I was out with the congregation doing first call. It was very hot.  But we managed to complete our territory and were invited for a coffee afterwards.   It is always nice to have a coffee with siblings.   So it was a lovely morning.

In the afternoon I fell asleep, after making sure I had Captain Butterfly's tea well in hand.  Veggie soup - he said it was a very good one.  He had a whole day's detectorising in Hampshire to do, and a meeting in the evening.  So he only had a short supper window. 

He found a couple of nice little silver coins too - which I expect will appear on his blog in due time.

No comments:

Post a Comment