Sunday 22 September 2019

Over-Success? (or an odd flare-up)

My right knee was painful Thursday/Friday - painful enough to wake me in the night, but not with the agony of a full blown flare up thank goodness.

But, this is my artifiical knee - both my knees are artificial - so why does it have these episodes?  Has the NHS been too successful, building in some real twinges when fitting it?

Anyway, I remain very grateful to the NHS for my Knew Knees as I am still able to get about and drive locally, which is all I need to do.

And it is being wonderfully supportive of my bro in law, who has terminal cancer. They are supporting him and my sister at home so well.   

Today I went to the meeting, but am feeling quilty that I did not take myself out to at least do a few calls.  I didn't get to the Field Service group yesterday either - I exercised my Special Skill of turning up at the wrong door, and turned up at the wrong door.   However it gave me a chance to get out shopping early as we had Jacks coming round for supper.   So I did all that, lugged it all home, prepared things, had lunch, and then nothing, I guess I fell asleep. I hope I can make up for it this week.

I feel like I am running on empty a lot of the time.

Lovely meeting at the Hall. And the Watchtower was all about the importance of the preaching work that Jesus left for his followers to do. It is essential if we are to follow in his footsteps.  I was one brought in by the door to door work.   It must be over thirty years now since Ruby and Wilhellmina first knocked at my door in Sheffield - and changed my life, infinitely for the better.

So I must, please God, get out there this week and try to tell others what was told to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment