Friday 31 May 2019

The Year Hurtles Along

The last day of May - already.  What a lovely month May is - along with September it is my favourite month.  And it will be September almost before I can catch my breath.

Every generation goes through the surprise of finding out just how short the years are - and coming to realise how short our lives are now.

I was thinking how long summers were in my childhood. They seemed to go on forever.  And I can still remember the end of the Summer hols and the feeling of that first day back at school - to a new school year, and sometimes to a new school.  What a blight school was.  For me anyway.  I wonder if it is really so different now. 

We bought fresh balcony flowers this week, to add to the geraniums and thrift that are already thriving.  We got a box of mimulus, which seems to love our sunny, salty, sea-blown balcony.

The lady at the garden centre said she was surprised to hear that it thrives under those conditions.

The Channel is a calm blue-grey this morning.

I was out with one of the young pioneers on Wednesday.  It rained. I didn't visit Maggie as I am still not completely over this Lurg thingummy.  Yesterday was the meeting, and I studied, cleaned out the fridge, and re-instated my walk, which completely exhausted me. This virus has left me feeling as if I have had a bout of flu.

We, the congregations worldwide, are in the middle of a close study of the four gospels.  I wish everyone on earth would join us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment