Saturday 18 May 2019

My Hot Water Bottle

My hot water bottle is being a good friend at the moment. Even though I am wearing a woolly cardigan with a fur (fake!!) collar, I am clutching it to me.   I am still full of a cold - will have to miss the wedding today- can't go and cough and sneeze all over everyone during the service - and will certainly miss Haysbridge tomorrow.  Though I thought I would miss it anyway as we were supposed to be 'oop North this week.

I will have to venture out to get some more meds and some more berries (Vitamin C) this morning though.  Himself is off metal detectorising.  He has found his first gold coin this week!

Maybe today it will be him who finds the legendary lost hot water bottle of solid gold, blinging with jewels, that belonged to King Canute himself, and comforted him  - or scalded him? - through many a cold.

Such a sad sad item in the news today - among many sad items.  A shoal of dead sharks has washed up on a British beech, and it looks as if they might be the victims of finning - fins taken, left to die.

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/sharks-washed-up-on-beach-wales-burry-port-fins-cut-off/?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=jp_reshare&fbclid=IwAR28WqYqJbHqt

I hope this is not so...  because while I know shark finning (for the soup) still happens, I had hoped it was dying out (before all the sharks did), not spreading to our shores.

Thank God for Jehovah's promise that he will not let his lovely earth be ruined by the greed and violence of some men.

No comments:

Post a Comment