Thursday 2 May 2019

Damaged Wings

It has just dawned on me that that "bench" Col and I ate our sandwiches on Tuesday might in fact have been a priceless and important work of art!    There was a Japanese lady sitting there drinking a coffee when we sat on it.  But perhaps she was part of the Installation?

Oh dear.  Lets hope there were no cameras around or we may find ourselves the subject of a Twitterstorm (whatever that is), and hot contenders for Philistines of the Month.

One of our Congregation elders has asked Captain Butterfly-Moth for a picture of a butterfly with damaged wings.  He needs it for a talk he is giving next week during the Circuit Overseer's visit.

This is not as distressing as it might sound.  Butterflies are a lot tougher than they look and can survive and thrive with quite severe wing damage.   Plus they are not under the compulsions to look perfect - to look buff/fit/hot - all those horrid words used to pressure us, especially the young and vulnerable.

And they look good whatever.

And and... there is going to be a most encouraging lesson for all us damaged children of disobedient Adam from these valiant butterflies with broken wings.

I hope to blog it next week - if I live that long - the aches and pains are not getting any less, whinge whinge.   Wednesday morning was spent at the hospital having x-rays of all my various arthritic joints. It was painful, but not thank Goodness, as painful as the Bone Scan.

Sometimes I feel like a one woman exocet missile aimed at the poor tottering NHS. Am I really worth all this time and money?  It makes me feel rather guilty.

Today I managed an hour on the preaching work - with some scary traffic dilemmas - which included two drives over the railway crossing.

No comments:

Post a Comment