Wednesday 22 May 2019

Damselflies at Highdown

The pond at Highdown Gardens was abuzz with mating damselflies on Monday.  They are all masterpieces of engineering and artistry - a credit to their Grand Creator, Jehovah.   The Captain took us- coughing and sneezing (me not him)  - out for a drive and a small walk.  We stopped off at the small nursery en route and picked up some more plants for the balcony.
Large Red Damselfly, Pyrrhosoma nymphula
He had been away on a detecting rally in Derbyshire for a few days  - visiting Bea, and an exhibition of Finds at the Buxton Museum at the same time.  And he has found his first gold! (Though not in Derbyshire).

And here it is:
http://colinknight.blogspot.com/2019/05/celtic-ring-money-and-derbyshire-visit.html

I hope to get back to things tomorrow... I have to get well at some stage. I am going over tomorrow morning to practice my talk with the sister who is my householder in the Ministry School tomorrow night - and I hope I will also drop Grace's magazine in to her.

She can no longer come to the door, but said she would like me to drop the magazines through the letterbox.  So of of course I do. 

We got news about Ken this week.   His prognosis is vague but 2 years at the absolute most. So we hope he can go on having a meaningful life for some time yet, and stay at home right to the end.  And I hope they will be able to celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary.



No comments:

Post a Comment