Tuesday 14 May 2019

The Innocent face of the Slow-worm

Had a small outing yesterday- first one in days - Col had a delivery in Steyning, so we called in at Woodsmill after a lovely drive through the Sussex Spring, and went for a gentle walk to the lake, with swan.  I sat in the sun while Col took some photos - including the insensitive one below.  Always kneel!   I have no kneecaps (k)now, so how can I?   And can I sue for Emotional Trauma?


Red-and-black Froghopper, Cercopis vulnerata

Red Campions, Silene dioica

Slow-worm, Anguis fragilis


Col found the Slow-worm to show me, He held it out to me and we looked at each other.  It had the most lovely innocent Moomintroll face, so I told it how lovely it was.  (I am not sure what it was thinking. Possibly: Who is that ghastly old wrinkly? )

We were supposed to take such tender care of Jehovah's creation.

We stopped and shopped at Waitrose on the way back.   Including doing the usual shop for Jackie, who is no better

But sadly my cold still rules - woke up this morning coughing, sneezing, hoarse, feeling dreadful.  Even that tiny outing in the sun seems to have zapped me. 

Its probably because my arthritis meds work by lowering my immune system, so its hard for me to fight anything off.

I feel sad and bleak at the moment...  but I know its because I am physically very down.

Am spending a quiet warm day in, just trying to get rid of it.   I did so some studying and ironing this morning, but have no other achievements to record.

No comments:

Post a Comment