Wednesday 29 May 2019

A Busy Tuesday

It was a busy day on Tuesday - well, busy for me nowadays that is.  And this devastating Lurg has left me with even less energy than usual (heading towards minus figures).  Jean and  I got to the Field Service group, and were given a little Close to do.  Just perfect for us.  Thank you, kind Elder in charge.  And we had some good calls. We both placed literature.

If you want to read what we placed, here it is. 
/www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/watchtower-no2-2019-may-jun/when-life-seems-unbearable/

This is a series of articles well worth reading and thinking about, because if the Bible is true, there is more happiness ahead for us right here on the earth than we can now imagine.

So its surely worth checking out?

Anyway we hobbled round our little Close, and even up a staircase- to find two lovely and receptive householders at the top.

Then we had a dilemma... we wanted to do a couple of return visits on the way back, and we were driving past a road on which Jean has 3 calls and I have 1.   Now of course we have no written records anymore, and have to rely on our memories.  Given our age-related brain cell deficit what I mean that we have to rely on Jehovah.   (To be fair, I think I was always like this - terminally absent-minded - but a least now I have old age an excuse.)   

Anyway, we went and had a very productive return visit, leaving a Kingdom brochure with the lady, and having a longer talk with her than ever before.  Now we have to remember to return.

This new way of working is gong to teach us to rely on Jehovah more than ever - and the more you rely on Him, the more you know you can rely on Him.  So it will draw us all closer and closer to our Creator.  And hopefully it is really going to concentrate our ministry.

Anyway - a busy day -  my biopsy after lunch, for this horrendous skin condition I have now added to my pantheon of problems.  Then shopping with Himself, plus usual shop for Jacks, then home - some lying on sofa in front of afternoon quiz shows got done - though I fell asleep and didn't find out who won Fifteen to One, or how high they got on the finals board. 

The Biopsy doctor wants me tested for Coeliac disease...   If that is what the problem is, then its solvable, which is great, However mealtimes are going to become even more complicated.  And I think eating out will become a thing of the past.  Not that we do eat out much now anyway.

What a mess we, the damaged children of Adam are in. And, if you make it past the three score years and ten, as I have, its impossible not to know it. And to know how wrong it all feels.

Captain B had a very busy day today.  He was busy giving our bedroom a deep clean - all furniture moved, and completely changing our bedding for new dust mite proof stuff.  Apparently one of the foremost cause of eczema is a dust mite allergy. 

The energetic creature - the Captain, not our resident Dust Mite - is now in the kitchen making the breakfast.  He flies the coffee machine in the morning. 

And I have been reading up about Coeliac Disease, just in case, and am alarmed to find out that oats may be a problem, coeliac-wise.  My breakfast for years has been a bowl of soaked porridge oats with seeds and fruit.

Oh dear. Squared.



No comments:

Post a Comment