Thursday 7 February 2019

Of Mice and Cars, and the Wonderful AA

The AA man came Wednesday morning to try to get the Captain's car going again.   We had a day out in London planned on Tuesday and had found his car wouldn't start!   A puzzle.  The battery is pretty new, so I think is the alternator (though I am venturing into unknown territory with the word "alternator").

Anyway, we had to catch our train, and also catch our allotted slot in the Anglo-Saxon Kingdoms Exhibition we were planning to see at the British Library - on a rare day out in London.  So we had to leave his car in the garage and drive off in mine.

But first thing next morning Col phoned the AA:
https://www.theaa.com/

 I went off to the shops - for us and for Jacks, plus an appointment (don't ask) - and when I got back, I found the AA guy here, and the car back on its feet again.  Apparently a mouse had made a nest inside the engine!   And to make it all nice and cosy it had carefully chewed through lots of wires and engine parts.   The AA guy said it was amazing the car hadn't burst into flames...   

What next?    And what next for the poor old mouse, who clearly successfully raised a family in the car and may well be back to try again... and Captain B has just gone off to buy a load of mousetraps. 

What a mess we - all the earthly creation - are in.

However, a paean of praise for the AA guy.   Col says he could not believe how he got the tangle all sorted and repaired.   And so quickly and so cheaply.  Join now folks.

Oh, and I saw my first selfie-stick usage - at a traffic lights in London.  The bright lights!  The big city!

It was my bone-scan on Monday - and Jon and Linda came round afterwards and had tea - sandwiches, cake etc. We haven't seen them since the wedding, or seen their new place, but we will try to get over there.  They both work shifts, which makes it complicated.

Back to the hospital on Friday... and I have the dentist today, for a replacement filling. What a medical week this is.   Maybe I should have asked the AA man to sort it out for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment