Wednesday 13 February 2019

Climbing Mount Paperwork

I did at least get my reply off to Pete, and the Butterfly Paperwork done. If all goes to plan it will be posted on Wednesday, along with letters to Darren and to Jeremy & Paddy (which are both done dusted, signed, sealed and stamped).   But there is still a long way to go, paperworkwise.

There was another episode of the thrilling adventure series I Drove to Angmering yesterday morning. "Shall we?" I asked Jean. We both have calls there that needed doing - but its the driving - two BigBoy roundabouts plus a truly nasty right turn on the way back that makes me not want to drive there.  James Bond himself might have hesitated.  The right hand turn was compounded by an enormous lorry blocking the traffic and then suddenly backing-up, just as I was trying to pull out. 

Anyway, we felt we made the right choice as we had some good calls, were made very welcome by all we found at home, and one lady gave us her phone number so we can call her and arrange time to come in and have a proper talk. She is reading all that we leave with her.

Today... posted Butterfly stuff, letter to Jeremy & Paddy, and to Darren - so that is done. Feel guilty I am not going to Maggie this afternoon, but I really do want to try and reduce this paperwork mound if I can. And I just don't feel equal to it, to be honest.  I am exhausted from all my recent medical troubles and treatments.

Spoke to Jennifer and to Bea of the North on the phone.    And Col continues to tackle the mouse problem in the garage.  Please please don't tell me about it, I begged.  The older I get the more the cruelty of the whole system we live in seems to get to me. He also did a talk on the Maldives -diving - this morning - and found when he got there that the projector system wasn't working so he couldn't show all his lovely slides!  Which are what the talk is about.

"Could you give us a talk without slides?"  They asked. And he did,  And they really liked it, and he is invited back.  So a bit of a triumph.  The tropical undersea world is one he knows and loves well.

No comments:

Post a Comment