Friday 15 February 2019

Another Review for "Waiting for Gordo"

And its a lovely one too.   Peter Hiley says:

"This is a fascinating story, beginning quite mundanely with the group of divers called the 'Shoal' starting their holiday on a beautiful little tropical island. But interpersonal relations become strained while disturbing events begin to pollute the idyll. The detail and atmosphere are captivating, developing a Hitchcock like dread of occult influences coming into play."
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Waiting-Gordo-Sue-Knight-ebook/dp/B075WS4YFB

Thank you kind reviewer.  I am so glad about "the detail and atmosphere" - I really want my readers to feel they are on that beautiful but scary island, without boring them with reams of description.    And re "a dread of occult influences" - yes, that could be one of the possibilities, I want people to wonder what on earth can be happening- though - spoiler alert - this is an ecological thriller, not an occult one. 

The basic crime is an ecological one, and the ruthless and very wrong vengeance being taken is also an ecological one.    Maybe it does illustrate the wisdom of Jehovah's warning that vengeance belongs only to him.  I hope it might.

But I really did want it to be a good read. And while I only have a few reviews and a few readers, they all seem to have enjoyed reading it.

I must must must get on with my next one.  But I am so tired. It's like I am running on empty.

Lovely refreshing meeting at the Kingdom Hall last night and one which has left me wrestling with my conscience... I might blog about the outcome.

Today the Captain is taking Elizabeth to the beach for metal-detecting practice, ahead of their field trip on Sunday, and we will all have a coffee later.  Assuming I can get myself together.  I have to gloom back to the Pharmacy to get Jackie's meds.  I trekked over there yesterday but when I took them to Jacks it turned out that they had only given her half of what she requested.

Nothing seems to work right anymore. 


No comments:

Post a Comment