Saturday 4 August 2018

Shaun

Last month we got an anguished email from Penny to tell us that they had lost Shaun. He is their eldest son and our eldest nephew and he had been so ill earlier in the year that he spent some weeks in a medically-induced coma.  We were braced for the worst then, but he did slowly recover, was discharged, and appeared to be getting back to normal.  He had even bought himself a new wardrobe, having lost a lot of weight in hospital.

Then his brother - presumably worried that he hadn't been answering his phone - went round to his flat and found him.

That is all we know so far.

But I have been thinking of the young Shaun. Was he 7 when we first knew him?  Pen was his step-mum.  When she met George he was divorced, a single dad, living in high rise council flat and doing his best to bring up his two young lads.

At that time all us sisters lived in the same city, as did our parents, and Col's bro and his wife (to be). And my aged parents.   And we saw each other all the time.  Shaun often talked about visiting us at our Dore house and playing games in the garden. 

The world is full of sadness at the moment.   But I hope that Shaun is sleeping safe in "the everlasting arms", and that he has a wonderful awakening of him, into an earth that is full of joy.

Here is the promise:

 “Your dead will live. My corpses will rise up. Awake and shout joyfully, You residents in the dust! For your dew is as the dew of the morning, And the earth will let those powerless in death come to life." - Isaiah 26:19

And have any of Jehovah's promises ever failed?   They never have, and they never will.  Isn't that the very meaning of his name?


Yesterday was a medical day, trying to get some help for my current medical problems. The Captain threatened to take me down to A&E, and the doc has put me on some strong steroids  - a cream application, twice a day.  Its all misery

Another hot hot day too.   Anyway, I plan to go out with Jean this morning. We will do some return visits.  And I did do some first calls with my congregation siblings on Thursday.  A quiet weekend. We won't be seeing Jacks, as the Captain is so busy. But for me, it will be the field service this morning, the meeting tomorrow, and that, I hope will be it.  It is too HOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment