Saturday 25 August 2018

Knocking at the Wrong Door

Not at my shining best this morning - not that my shining best is anything to write home about these days.   I started off by going to the wrong house for the Field Service Group.  There was no-one there. They were clearly all at the right venue (wherever that was)  I should have checked on Thursday night at the meeting, but I forgot.   So I set off to try to catch up on a few of my very overdue return visits, one being just around the corner.  I did find the lady at home (I have tried before), and she was very pleasant, but not interested.

However, I think she might talk to us again, so I may call and say hello next month as I have two regular magazine calls in the road.  I hope I will anyway.

Then I thought of a guilt-making return visit that I have never got back to, because its off near Ford, which for me is big-boy driving.   But I thought I could swing round via another call and get it done. However as I arrived at the other call I suddenly remembered I had planned to go back there next month with another of my siblings.

So off I drove on my Ford expedition. Found the house in its lovely close, no problem - but no-one home.  And on the way back I got discombobulated and turned the wrong way and found myself heading for the crossing at Ford.  Managed to find a turning spot and get back on course.  Then forced myself to do two more calls - near home - ones I haven't got back to since June.

And both turned out really well!

Then back home - got the tomato salsa done for tonight, and made sure that the sandwich fairy visited the fridge (for Col's lunch tomorrow).  Oh, and I have done my Watchtower study for tomorrow.  But I have been fast asleep for a fair amount of the afternoon and feel dreadful.

Jacks is coming tonight.   I will be serving us a chill-cabinet curry (Waitrose), plus the tomato relish I made, followed by a cheeseboard and ice-cream.

The Captain just rang to say he is on the way back, with metal detector, without any loot.

No comments:

Post a Comment