Tuesday 31 July 2018

The Captain of the Kitchen

"We will have to cancel Jacks tonight" I said to Captain B on Saturday.  I was in too much pain to to anything - beyond the necessary agony of getting myself to the loo and back. (And that was touch and go at times.)  "No. Why?" said the Captain, "You've cooked the chicken and got the salad in. I'll do it."

I had planned a cold menu - a sort of Coronation chicken - and I had cooked the chicken and made the curry mayonnaise. But I was also going to make a salad of Halloumi with mint and oranges, and some of these pickled vegetables TV cooks are very fond of at the moment.

The Captain hurtled off early to his Course, leaving me my breakfast which was all I wanted during the day - he stopped off at Kithurst on the way back for Butterfly purposes and then arrived back to find me still in bed, almost unable to move for pain. But he somehow managed to get everything sorted and a very nice supper served to him and Jacks.    I didn't emerge from my lair - too painful.

Anyway, it went well and they both seemed to enjoy themselves - or so Jackie said on the phone on Sunday.

I did not make it to the meeting - listened in  on the phone link.   But I plan to go out this morning with Jean and see if we can manage a few return visits at least.

Still covered in this awful itching rash... what is happening to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment