Wednesday 22 August 2018

Doris and her Bone

From Doris's person's facebook page:

"Doris insisted on taking her best bone (sort of green and mouldering) with her on her walk today. I couldn't work out why, as she is paranoid about her bones and spends all the time she's carrying one with her eyes swivelling from side to side watching out for bone-nappers. Then we got to the newly tarmacked bit of road and it all made sense.
She's found the perfect bone-concealment spot, where Ken and I won't be able to dig it up and eat it. I had to haul her away from where she was busily digging in Amey's newly tarmacked road surface and on down to the park. I also managed to confiscate the bone despite much getting out of teeth (on Doris's part) and slip it into my bag.
We are now home, Doris is scuttling off to re-inter her bone and I'm scrubbing out my handbag."


Yes.   We met that dreadful bone on our recent visit. It introduced itself with a terrifying CLATTER as she threw it onto the tiled kitchen floor. And it re-appeared at regular CLATTERING intervals.

It is not a thing of beauty. Except of course to Miss Doris.

I have had a really lazy two days, sadly.   I feel so tired.  I have done routine housework, and some studying, and that is about it.

Catherine and Rob's wedding on Saturday went really well. I think it was exactly the way they hoped it would be.    It was a long day. We left here at 9.30, checked into our hotel - or at least failed to as the lady in our room was late checking out. They lent us a room to get changed in, and we met up with the Canada branch of the family and drove them to the wedding venue. Then back to the hotel for the Reception.

I lasted till 10, which is good for me.  But the young ones partied till midnight I guess.  We then had to leave very early, before breakfast, as Captain Detectorist had a dig on, and he likes to be there when the field opens.

No comments:

Post a Comment