Saturday 11 August 2018

JWs under Franco

The valiant Jean said she wanted to go the Broadcast at the Kingdom Hall today, which worried me a bit until I thought to ask Jehovah in prayer that there could be a parking space free for us in the layby right outside the Hall - something that hardly ever happens these days.

We got there - and there was the space - a lovely big one too - Jehovah knowing exactly what I need to be able to park my little car.  We got there just as it was starting and I think it really helped us both.  Halfway through there was a short item about Jehovah's Witnesses under Franco.  I had never thought about that, but of course it was so hard for our young brothers. They could not join the military as the regime demanded. Followers of Christ have "laid down" their swords, and take no sides in the divisive politics and cruel wars of the world.

They went to prison for a long time.  One brother said they began to wonder if they would ever come out.

But they stood firm, and so did their families.

https://tv.jw.org/#en/mediaitems/WebHomeSlider/pub-jwb_201808_1_VIDEO

And I managed an hour on the doors this morning, trying to catch up on all my return visits. I got some done...  but

We dine a Jackie's tonight which I am really looking forward to. I know she is cooking Thai - perfect for this weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment