Tuesday 28 August 2018

A Letter to Darren

I was going to call this blog: Raised by Wolves, because I had just read this sad sad story in The Independent:
https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/aug/28/how-to-be-human-the-man-who-was-raised-by-wolves

Why such a startling lack of empathy for the suffering this child and young man had gone through.   Once again, I wonder what the world's religions had been teaching their people down the ages they had such power and control.     

But i wanted to make a note to myself that I did post a letter to Darren today. He is living in a strange new world without his brother and I want to be sure we keep in touch as much was we can.

I got to the Field Service Group at the Hall today, greatly hampered by my ears being on the blink.  But I somehow - can only think that Jehovah must have helped - managed to arrive at the right road junction to meet the elder in charge.  Who was kindly going to work with me. My usual Tuesday partner, Jean, is still away.

However, no sooner had I said "I just don't know I am going to say today..." than he got a phone call from his wife, that meant he had to rush off.   "I am going to have to leave you, and you don't know what to say", he said, despairingly.  "Don't worry, Jehovah will help me" , I said, urging him to get back home.

And He must have helped, as I felt so tired, and so worried about things, that I was very blank on the doors. Just relied on the current magazine, offered it, and was usually refused.  However, by the end of the morning, not only had I been joined by two more of my siblings, but I had had 4 good calls, placing a magaziine at each one.   I hope to get back maybe next week and see if I can follow up.

Other than that a quiet day - cooking, studying, and watching some telly with his Lordship.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sue,
    I am looking for the photographer of this photo:
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-16ynccDRyN8/ToQCKDWBzGI/AAAAAAAAAbE/5s5THmPn6gI/s1600/IMG_0236.JPG
    It looks like maybe it was your previous Blogspot site? I am hoping you could post this photo to iNaturalist.org as I collect all sightings for this species of jellyfish.
    Thank you,
    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete