Thursday 16 July 2015

The Brighton Convention

The Convention begins tomorrow - theme: Imitate Jesus.  My bag is packed - its the butterfly bag Bea gave me.    The fridge is stocked with fruit and salads, and my sandwich lunch is waiting in the fridge.

Had a long chat with Jackie today and am looking forward to seeing her on Sunday. She has asked us round for supper, and that will be a lovely end to the Convention weekend.   We also heard from Bob and Judy who fly in to Gatwick next month - they will come and stay with us for a couple of days.

Interesting study today - about Cyrus.  Long before Cyrus the Great was born, Jehovah had these prophetic words written down:

Isaiah 44:28-45:3:
" The One saying of Cyrus, ‘He is my shepherd, And he will completely carry out all my will’; The One saying of Jerusalem, ‘She will be rebuilt,’ And of the temple, ‘Your foundation will be laid.’”
This is what Jehovah says to his anointed one, to Cyrus, Whose right hand I have taken hold of To subdue nations before him, To disarm kings, To open before him the double doors, So that the gates will not be shut:   “Before you I will go, And the hills I will level. The copper doors I will break in pieces, And the iron bars I will cut down.   I will give you the treasures in the darkness And the hidden treasures in the concealed places, So that you may know that I am Jehovah, The God of Israel, who is calling you by your name."

Cyrus is the one Jehovah brought up against Babylon.  History records how the mighty city fell in one day, and the Jews were released from their long captivity there.

There is a clear parallel in the Book of Revelation, which speaks of the destruction of Babylon the Great, the world empire of false religion.


No comments:

Post a Comment