Friday 12 June 2015

My Talk: HOW CAN YOU FIND HAPPINESS?

It was my talk in the small School last night.   This was my theme:

HOW CAN YOU FIND HAPPINESS?

These were my Scriptures:
“Better is a dish of vegetables where there is love than a fattened bull where there is hatred.”
Proverbs 15:17 
“I, Jehovah, am your God, the One teaching you to benefit yourself, the One guiding you in the way you should walk.”
Isaiah 48:17 
“Happy are those conscious of their spiritual need, since the Kingdom of the heavens belongs to them.”
Matthew 5:3 

As the point I was working on was extemporaneous delivery, I couldn't have my usual word for word script. Then my Helper was on her hols, and Cathy nobly volunteered, but with this hospital thingummy hanging over us, it was hard to get my thoughts together,and we had to practise it over the phone on Thursday afternoon.

So I made it a discussion between two sisters talking about a return visit we were planning to make, using the three allocated Scriptures as the script.  We wandered off it briefly at one point, but got back on again, and the brother in charge was happy with it. Which was a relief.

We made the point about how we would explain that being conscious of our spiritual need leads to happiness, because when we feel how cut off we are from our Creator and realise we need his help and advice, we seek for him. And then he will quide us in the way we should walk.

We then used Proverbs 15:17 as an example of that guidance - as it shows us  that Jehovah teaches us that happiness does not lie in the endless pursuit of material things that the world encourages.

We ended by saying that we hoped we could show him that Jehovah is the happy God and if we find him we will find happiness right now, and more happiness than we can imagine in the restored earthly Paradise.


Dorothy of South Island arrives tomorrow, and Jackie has invited us all over for a paella.
  



No comments:

Post a Comment