Monday 8 June 2015

A Worrywart

My right shoulder has been really painful for a couple of days.  I only hope I am not building up to another flare-up as there is rather a lot on this week.   And Dorothy of South Island arrives on Saturday.   Worry, worry, worry.

Jean and I were out on the doors on Saturday morning - we covered our territory, and did a couple of route calls.  I had hoped to get out again Sunday afternoon, but my shoulder defeated me.

On the happy side, I was thinking that if I hadn't listened to Ruby and Willhelmina, the two JW ladies who called on me all those years ago in Sheffield, I wouldn't know any of these lovely people in the congregation now, nor have this worldwide family.  Nor would I have a real hope to keep me going.

In fact, I don't like to think how I would be feeling.

Jacks came for supper on Saturday.  I tried a new (to me) Chinese chicken recipe - General Tsao chicken - that really requires a slow cooker, which I don't have - along with stir-fry veggies.  And, as its June, strawberries for afters, and coffee and After Eight mints (a present from Jean).   We all had second helpings, so it was OK.  And the Captain had the leftovers for his tea yesterday.

Summer seems to have arrived.  The Channel is blue and calm outside the window and the sun is on the Green.  The balcony geraniums are busy doing what it says on the tin - in red and white this year.

Early morning is one of those times it is easy to see the holiness of the world.

I am up early - not sleeping at all well at the moment - but am busy in an intense internet discussion with a fb friend about the importance of the year 1914 in Bible prophecy.

No comments:

Post a Comment