Tuesday 16 September 2014

Comparing Knew Knees

Jo and I got together over lunch at the bungalow today - foccachia (hot), hummus, tuna pate, avocado and Lilac Tree Farm tomatoes, followed by dessert - and compared our knee experiences and scars. Jo's knee was done 10 years ago and she has been told it has another 5 years in it.

That is very encouraging for me as, surely, in 15 years, I will either be "asleep in the ground of dust" with, hopefully, if Jehovah extends me undeserved kindness, a wonderful awakening ahead of me; or, maybe even already in the Paradise earth if it has come by then - and, once again, I will only be there if Jehovah extends undeserved kindness.

The point being I do not want to have to go through the operations again...

Col and I went into Sheffield for shopping purposes this morning.  The low September sun was shining through a misty veil of vapour - "the season of mists and mellow fruitfulness" - and the city centre looked lovely.   We bought presents for the new baby, and for her new big sister and shopped for the Jo luncheon.

We are all off to Jen's tomorrow, as she is providing the lunch.  Had a long chat with Janet on the phone last night, and she may be joining us for lunch at The Fat Cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment