Sunday 3 June 2018

A Hot Day

Isn't there an expression "flaming June"?    It was hot enough yesterday for sure.  Captain Detectorist left very early - and I got myself to the Post Office and Waitrose shortly after 9 o' clock.  I need a particular parking space that guards my driver's door from being blocked in.  And I had some returned Butterfly paperwork to be re-addressed and re-posted.

Then - having lugged the shopping up the stairs - lifts still lightning-struck and me still very feeble - I made myself go out and do some calls.  Had quite a good morning - including Mr.T who gave me a warm welcome in his caustic way.   We had a long chat - and I also lent him a copy of "Waiting for Gordo". He is a great reader.

I had planned to go to the Field Service group Saturday morning, but a sister asked me if I would go on a Bible study with her on Friday morning, so I had to transfer the shop/post office business to Saturday. And, given that I got some much needed return visits done, I think it was a good idea.

The study was lovely. It reminded me of my early days when Wilhellmina and Ruby used to come faithfully every week and patiently teach me.   I can see this student, not young, beginning to wake up.   Its as if people are in a deep sleep - a sleep I was in myself for the first half of my life.

2 Corinthians warns about this blindness, when speaking of Satan "the god of this system things" it warns:  "among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through." - 2 Cor.4:4

God's inspired word is the tool for removing that blindfold, IF people will listen to it.

I was exhausted when I got back after my calls on Saturday - unpacked, had lunch, fell into a deep sleep, only wakened by Captain Butterfly phoning to tell me he was on his way home. 

We had supper at Jack's Saturday night - pork Dijon, new potatoes, asparagus (the first we have had this year), followed by choc ice, and a cheeseboard.  She always has choc ices in as she has grandchildren and great-grandchildren who visit a lot.

Its another hot day today.  It was the meeting this morning - but apart from making lunch and supper (soup, omelette) I seem to have done nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment