Monday 25 June 2018

A Swallowtail at the Bates Motel

Swallow-tailed Moth, Ourapteryx sambucaria
It was a great Moth evening last night, apparently. I must remember to go out and look -  but I went to bed early.  Here is a lovely Swallow-tailed moth.  Plus Summer Chafers.
Summer Chafer with Swallow-tailed Moth
Beauty and the Beast?   Although somehow that seems a bit cruel to the Chafer, which is also a miracle of art and engineering.  Both tell of their Grand Creator, Jehovah of armies.

Fortunately no bat has yet moved into our batbox.

I picked up both Jean and a young sister for the meeting yesterday.  A great talk about why there is wickedness and suffering; where it came from; and why Jehovah permits it, but only for a time.   For Him "a thousand years is as a day" - and so only a few days have gone by since we lost the paradise garden of Eden.

Some of us stopped for a cup of tea after the meeting - a new arrangement which I will hope to support

Still itching all over - but not as badly.  Spoke (on the phone) to my poor GP yesterday - he always sounds so tired, I feel I should be prescribing something for him - and as it is improving he says leave it for a few more days. Which suits me in that I already have one doctor's app this week and am hoping for no more.

How I long for God's Kingdom to be ruling over the earth. Then "no resident will say "I am sick"".

Until that happy time - not far off now - I am very very grateful for the NHS, and am feeling increasingly guilty about what I am costing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment