Saturday 11 June 2016

Poppies

Yellow Horned Poppy, Glaucium flavum
Yesterday afternoon we walked on the beach and the yellow poppies were out - and so were the ringed plovers with their whirling clockwork walk.  And it felt like full summer as I walked back from the Hall on Thursday night.  Flowers everywhere. Walking past foxgloves made me think of my dear aged father - he always had foxgloves in his garden. They are a forest flower - and he was a child of the fields and forests of Belarus.
Ringed Plover, Charadrius hiaticula
Jackie for supper tonight.  I am keeping it simple as I want to go to the broadcast at the Hall this afternoon.  So its a couple of mains from the Waitrose curry selection and a couple of sides made by me: a hot tomato chutney and stir fried cabbage, carrot, coriander and chiles. Lidl has kindly supplied the custards, and I have some fresh raspberries to go with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment